Orig. pub. Atlanta, 1875. Reprinted 1976. Print on Demand Edition 2017. (vi), 32, (v), xxvi pp. Item #157
Eufaula, Alabama sits on a bluff on the west bank of the Chattahoochee River which is the boundary between Alabama and Georgia in that area. When the author wrote this brief history, Eufaula (formerly Irwinton) had been in existence less than forty years. This history traces Eufaula's development from its origins in the 1820s as an outpost of civilization, through its development as a prosperous agricultural and mercantile community, to its situation at the close of the Civil War. The text includes lists of officials of the municipal government, churches, benevolent societies, school officials, and railroad time tables. An unusual feature of this reprint is the reproduction of the advertisements from the original edition, which give a nostalgic and colorful picture of the commercial life of the community in the author's day.